I said I would stick to my goals, so I have not planned to swim today. Original plan was to swim 900 yards every week day until the end of the month, so that’s what I am going to do. I may cheat and use the hot tub, though. <grin>
This does not mean, of course, that I do not have a metric assload of things to do.
- I want to write a timeline for getting stuff done for the PolyWorks Fund group to tear apart. I’ve been procrastinating horribly on this, and I’m not entirely sure why. Must… Get… Done… Today…
- I want to write a much better query for At the Foot of the Throne and find another publisher to whom to send it. My book let me show you it.
- I’ve got some projects I wanna bid on.
- I need to re-do my Polyamorous Misanthrope dragon image to clean up the header. Write a whole new theme for the blog would be favorite! Not sure exactly what I’m going to do with that, as I’ve tweaked the present theme all to hell instead of creating theme independent widgets.
- I’ve gotta write a new page for the Polyamorous Misanthrope that links to books and stuff I think are poly-useful. I have a feeling some people are gonna take exception to some of my ideas. (At least, I hope so <EG>)
- Must write more on That Damned Book. I’ve gotten a lot of good ideas and imagery for it on my morning swims. I think that while listening to audiobooks to try to kill off lap boredom is useful, there’s a lot to be said for using that time to let my mind roam free.
- Gotta record greetings for a couple of listings on my advice line.
- I really want to get the house cleaned up. It could use some Loving Care, maybe even mop the kitchen floor. I’ve been working downstairs, so the clutter in the bedroom is not giving me the visual reactive cue of “Clean me up, dammit!”
I’m finding myself listing all this stuff I need/want to do, and I’m really having to discipline myself to make sure they’re congruent with January’s Goals. If they’re not, I just make a note for next month to decide what February will look like and will these things lead me to the final accomplishment of Goals 2008? I know it sounds goofy, but I’m good at getting excited and sidetracked, so this really helps.