- Measure across the shoulder line the neck measurement divided by six.
- Measure down the front length the neck measurement divided by six plus one half inch.
- Draw a square connecting the two measurements.
- Draw a 3/4″ line at a 90 degree angle to the neck square.
- Draw a curved line at the shoulder point.
- At the shoulder point (SW/2+E/2), measure down two inches.
- Click here to go to the next step.
This particular neck is a very modest jewel neckline. You’ll need something a little larger if you want to be able to pull the garment over your head! However, once you’ve drafted it, you can use that as an excellent guideline to create a different neckline shape or size. I often drop it down a couple of inches, round it out and use my armscye tool as a guide for a curve and do a sweetheart neckline.